Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vancouver... Junior..--What?!?!

Hello to all my readers,

This is a picture of Kathryn Perrault, who is the artistic
director of VJPD this photo was taken from :
http://www.vjpd.ca/
Whew, it's been a while since I've posted. Today I've decided to talk about a ballet school ...it's a very special school... a very small school... a very unknown school...I'll give you a hint, The school is in West Vancouver. Have you guessed it? Well maybe a few of you have, but I'm pretty positive that about 95% of you guys haven't. Well, the school is called Vancouver Junior Professional Division, or VJPD for short. The school is very small and it has in between 29 to 33 dancers, and 6 faculty members. This school is very unknown, though as their students start to win bigger competitions the school is beginning to get noticed for it's big acheivements. If this school is soo unknown then your are probably wondering why I chose to do a post on it, well this is the school I train at.


VJPD was founded in 2005 by the artistic director - Kathryn Perrault - and with the help of the Associate director - Elizabeth Isabelle. VJPD's aim is to give dancers high quality dance education starting at a young age, so that once they graduate from VJPD they can go into any professional school and be used to being pushed and worked very hard. The school has an 8 year program from ages 9 to 14 plus an "early arts program" for ages 3-8. There are six well trained faculty members that come from all across the world, each one specializes on certain aspect of a dancer's education. VJPD is an audition only school meaning that there is a high standard set for any student going there- they are expected to work hard and respect the faculty- unlike some recreational schools VJPD only teaches classical ballet, until the age of twelve when Horton Contemporary is added to the dancer's repertoire.
This is a picture of VJPD's production of Giselle
This photo was taken from: http://www.vjpd.ca/

VJPD students have been accepted to these world renowned schools:

- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School of Dance

- Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet

- Alvin Ailey School of Dance

- Houston Ballet

- Kirov Ballet Academy in Washington

- The Royal Ballet School

VJPD is now located in West Vancouver on Capilano Road, and it is a great spot for any young dancer to start her career.

Well that is all for today, I really do love dancing at this school,it teaches much more than dance, it teaches discipline, determination, and it pushes me to work my hardest and be my best and that is a skill that you will never, ever forget.

Yours Truly,

The Bloggy Ballerina and her fellow blogger (who is sitting right beside me right now, and giving me a weird look, wondering why I am writing this)
This is a picture of the whole VJPD's entire school in 2008
This photo was taken from:
http://www.vjpd.ca/

2 comments:

  1. Emily who is the 'other blogger' sitting beside you?? Also, when do you find out if you made it into RBS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other blogger is Hayley, and I'll find out whether or not I made it off the waiting list for RBS on May 26th. Hopefully I did! :)

    ReplyDelete