Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Astonishing... But True

To all viewers,
To all my readers, if you are wishing to be amazed, this very instant, this very moment. Then 3,2,1 ... it's your lucky day!

Here are some fun and amazing facts about ballet:

-A Male dancer lifts over 1 and 1/2 tonnes worth of ballerinas during performances!!

-Most professional ballerinas wear out 2-3 pairs of pointe shoes per week, I go through two pairs in 2 and 1/2 weeks!

-One tutu costs up to 1076 English pounds to make. That same tutu requires 60-90 hours of labour and 100 yards of fabric!

-A three-hour ballet performance is roughly equivalent to two 90-minute soccer games back to back, or running 18 miles!(That only is if you are principal character in the show)

-Pointe shoes add a minimum of 7 inches of new height to a dancer. That would make me 5,6!!

-A prima ballerina can do 32 fouette turns while staying in the exact same spot. After the turns, the tip of her pointe shoe is HOT to touch, and is 'dead', the proper definition would be 'worn out'!!

Now isn't that just amazing!! That just proves that to be a ballerina you have to have strength, determination, and stamina. Well that was just a quick post tonight.

Yours truly no matter how week or how strong,
The Bloggy Ballerina

6 comments:

  1. EMILY!!!!!
    WOW! I did not know any of those facts (except the 100 yards of fabric, because it lies around my house as my mom is making tutus + character skirts) I wonder how much Mr. Kong lifts in our pas de deux class?
    Waiting for more ballerina news,
    Corynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting!!!
    very well done indeed.
    I didn't know any of those things!
    looking forward to more ballet news.
    I admire the fact that you said "no matter how week or how strong"
    ~Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's really amazing. Here's one fact about synchro...
    Did you know that there was a research done to find the harderst sport in the world and synchronized swimming came in first. Because it includes swimming, gymnastics, water polo, ballet, synchronization, holding your breath for half of the time and diving.
    But unfortunately it wasn't listed as the hardest because they wanted something where boys and girls can compete, but only girls can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's soo cool Rana!!!
    Than-you soo much to all of you for posting on my blog!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Emily,

    You have received a message from: "Life Through A Lens", corporation. Congratulations!!! You tied for the challenge!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily,

    You're so very welcome! But, you fully deserved it!!! Your entry was very thought provoking! No problem for not having a speech prepared! I don't mind, your comment is good enough for me!!! :) I'm soooo very glad that I could inspire you to write about little details in nature! I'm also glad that I could make "everyone" look at it in a completely different light!!! :) To reiterate, Congratulations, and Thank-you for your comment! :D

    Have a good night! :D

    ReplyDelete