Wednesday, November 10, 2010

To All, Who This May Concern...

To all my patrons,
You have probably already noticed that my blog has slightly changed, as I am testing something out. Right above this entry, if you haven't already noticed, there is three subtitles. If you click on each one, it will lead you to a different page on my blog. 

For example right now you are on the "Welcome" page, though if you click on the tab that says "Ballerinas", it will lead you right to my post on Natalia Osipova. I'm not sure this will work with future posts, that is why I am just trying it out. Please leave your thoughts on this system in the comment area. 

Your Thoughtful Publisher,
The Bloggy Ballerina                                                                 
Here is a photo of me, The Bloggy Ballerina,
this photo was taken from http://www.vjpd.ca

9 comments:

  1. That's a really good idea! It will make everything look more orginised to!

    - Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that that's a great idea! I think it's really cool that your individual photo is on the website of your ballet school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that I just noticed now, is that you can't post comments on the posts in the 'Ballet Utilities' and 'Ballerinas' pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool idea, Emily! Maybe you could post and instruction post to teach others how to make these tabs. I know Laurel had been asking about this initially...

    *just a thought*

    p.s. I LOVE your picture and am infinitely more jealous of your ballet talents every Thursday, following my Wednesday evening ballet class ;) !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you all for such nice comments!! ;)
    Though as Jade was suggesting I am worried that this system might not work. I've tried to post another post on the 'Ballerinas' page, but it didn't work. It just came right back to the 'Welcome' page.
    Also I have just realized that you cannot post comments on the posts on different pages that aren't the home page.

    I will still post instructions on how to add these tabs as they are right now (unless I figure out how to fix them), so everyone can work together to solve this issue.

    Once again thank-you for such nice comments from all of you!!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to see how to add a page on my blog (but I don't think I will), and I saw how you can add comments to the posts in the pages!!! Atleast, I think. What you do is when you go to the page that lets you add a page to your blog, on the bottom are some options. One of those options lets you choose to have or not to have comments on your blogs in these pages. I don't know why, but it starts off with choosing to not have comments, all you have to do is click on the box that allows you to have comments. There are also other options that you can have, but I didn't pay attention to those because I was so ecstatic to have seen the comment option.
    Good Luck!!! I hope it works!
    Jade:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looked and the comment option is under 'post options'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    Great blog Emily! I found it by searching vjpd on google! How are the preparations for the gala going? By the way when is the gala? I will certainly be there!
    Michaela G.

    ReplyDelete